Doge (pronounced DOH-JI) is a internet meme that became popular in 2011. It is a picture of a Shiba Inu breed dog. The picture is often photoshopped by people, whom may add words in rainbow color that usually doesn't follow by the English standard grammar rules, usually resulting with phrases like, "much Wow," and "such fat." Because of it's popularity, eventually someone came up with the idea of Dogecoin. It is the first fictional currency influenced and created from an online meme. The reason of it's popularity is unsure of, but one theory is probably the facial expression on the Shiba Inu, which can be interpreted as funny or cute. It also is popular on MemeGenerator (app version) and possibly on the website itself. The Dogecoin has also been a cryptocurrency found online, which costs, 0.0002 USD ($1.45 USD). The meme has also been politically used on political memes and some funny memes. most likely, the meme would have rainbow-colored letters next to it and even though they are mixed up along with other words to show their thoughts or the way it expresses.
- "YouTube" added an easter egg, where the letters become thick and colorful, if one is to type in "doge" or "doge meme" in the search bar.
- There is a Doge parody of Flappy Bird called Flappy Doge, and just like the original Flappy Bird players must avoid an endless amount of pipes as a doge form of Flappy Bird.
- It is the first meme ever known to have it's own type of currency (money-type).
- In the meme, there is a breed called Shiba Inu in the meme which means Turf Dog (Kanji: 芝犬) in Japanese.
- Apparently, the Shiba Inu featured in the meme was rescued from a puppy farm at an unknown area.